According to the Center for Disease Control (CDC), approximately 1.7 million Americans suffer a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) each year. TBI is a contributing factor to a third of all injury-related deaths in the United States. Around 60 billion dollars per year are spent on medical expenses and indirect, non-medical costs related to TBI. A TBI can be caused by bumping your head in a fall, car accidents, recreational activities, or sports-work related incidents. Any manner of trauma to the head and neck can result in bleeding, tearing, bruising, and/or swelling of the brain.
The emotional, physical, and financial ramifications that a TBI victim and their families face are far-reaching and, often times, long-term. Steve Ray Law, PLLC Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers have extensive experience with TBI victims, going the distance for each and every client.
We are Pathfinders for Injured People; let us navigate you toward the financial compensation you and your family deserve.
- Brain injuries are most often caused by motor vehicle crashes, sports injuries, or simple falls on the playground, at work or in the home.
- At least 5.3 million Americans currently live with disabilities resulting from TBI.
- Children aged 0 to 4 years, older adolescents aged 15 to 19 years, and adults aged 65 years and older are most likely to sustain a TBI.
- Almost half a million (473,947) emergency department visits for TBI are made annually by children aged 0 to 14 years.
- Adults aged 75 years and older have the highest rates of TBI-related hospitalization and death.
- Direct medical costs and indirect costs from TBI, such as lost productivity, totaled an estimated $76.5 billion in the United States in 2000.
Contact Our Colorado Car Accident Law Firm
Attorney Steve Ray is a former Marine Corps judge now fights for the rights of accident victims in Fort Collins and Northern Colorado. If you have been seriously injured with a possible Traumatic Brain Injury, he brings more than 35 years of legal experience and military discipline to pursuing your claim for compensation.
He will meet with you to discuss your case and, if a claim is possible, pursue the maximum financial recovery available. If we cannot recover money for you, you will pay nothing for our legal services.
Contact us today to discuss your case in a free consultation.